Tanzu SQL with Postgres for Kubernetes
Tanzu SQL with Postgres 1.0.0 is the first release of VMware Tanzu SQL with Postgres on Kubernetes.
|VMware Postgres Version||Component||Component Version|
This version of Tanzu SQL with Postgres is supported on the following platforms:
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition (TKGi)
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) Kubernetes
Additional Kubernetes environments, such as Minikube, can be used for testing or demonstration purposes.
Tanzu SQL with Postgres 1.0.0 has the following features:
- Support for backing up the Postgres instances to an S3 compatible storage location. See Backing Up and Restoring Tanzu Postgres.
- Support for creating a High Availability cluster configuration, with one primary and a mirror. See Configuring High Availability in Tanzu Postgres .
- Flexibility to update the Postgres images after deployment, and reconfigure CPU, memory, and persistent volume storage sizes. See Updating a Postgres Instance Configuration for more information.
- Upgrades from the Beta program releases to the Tanzu SQL with Postgres 1.0.0 release are not supported. Download and install the latest version.
- The High Availability configuration contains only one mirror.
- The default storage size for the Postgres instance is too limited for long term running Postgres environments. Change the
storageSizeto 10G, and use an expandable storage class. See Configuring a Postgres Instance.