VMware Tanzu™ SQL with Postgres for Kubernetes
Tanzu Postgres 1.0.0 is the first release of VMware Tanzu Postgres on Kubernetes.
|VMware Postgres Version||Component||Component Version|
This version of Tanzu Postgres is supported on the following platforms:
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition (TKGi)
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) Kubernetes
Additional Kubernetes environments, such as Minikube, can be used for testing or demonstration purposes.
IMPORTANT: VMware does not support deployments that have been modified by adding layers to the packaged Docker images, or deployments that reference images other than the VMware Postgres Operator. VMware does not support changing the contents of the deployed containers and pods in any way.
Tanzu Postgres 1.0.0 has the following features:
- Support for backing up the Postgres instances to an S3 compatible storage location. See Backing Up and Restoring Tanzu Postgres.
- Support for creating a High Availability cluster configuration, with one primary and a mirror. See Configuring High Availability in Tanzu Postgres .
- Flexibility to update the Postgres images after deployment, and reconfigure CPU, memory, and persistent volume storage sizes. See Updating a Postgres Instance Configuration for more information.
- Upgrades from the Beta program releases to the Tanzu Postgres 1.0.0 release are not supported. Download and install the latest version.
- The High Availability configuration contains only one mirror.
- The default storage size for the Postgres instance is too limited for long term running Postgres environments. Change the
storageSizeto 10G, and use an expandable storage class. See Configuring a Postgres Instance.